Tuesday 13 December 2011

Rottnest Island

Heja up there!

On 12th December I undertook a biking tour on Rottnest Island, which is located in front of the coast of Perth. Unfortunately, I just caught the worst day concerning the weather. It should be only up to 28 degrees and cloudy. Thunderstorms were in the early evening. And indeed, the trip was a complete adventure. Have a look!

I left Perth in the morning from the wharf and was a bit concerned about how the weather will be like this day.

Passing Fremantle, we drove through the open sea to Rottnest Island, where we arrived 2 hrs after departure, so at 11 o’clock.

My plan was to cycle around the whole Island to see all bays and beaches. I had more than 4.5hrs time and the Island itself was 11km in length and about 3-4km wide, so this task was, when cycling fast, ok.

This is the most western point of the Island and I won’t reach a point that is nearer to Europe in my Australia trip. After one and a half hours did I reach the middle of the whole distance of my trip. The weather was not really overwhelming but I enjoyed the fact that it didn’t get too hot and therefore cycling was real fun.

Music made it all even better! =D

While enjoying lunch at the “Western end“, I could spot some Dolphins.

Another amazing bay.

I finally got my blue sky!

My bycicle.

There was a approx. 30m long way out where I felt as if I was driving over the water.

I found my first Gocka! This one was a bit sleepy though…

But there was another one that seemed to like my camera.

Cute Fellas.

And the next bay, now I was really keen on going into the water.

And I found a little beach where not many people were, so I went swimming.

And I came across a 30cm Jellyfish, which burned me only a bit.

After having checked that I was fine, I kept going and came nearer to Perth again.

And then I saw the thunderstorm cloud.

And five minutes it was pouring down like hell.

It was fun because it lasted only for about ten minutes.

Here comes the sun, dadadaada…

But the thunderstorms were still over the sea, so I had an extremely shaky and highly enjoyable(though wet) journey home. Because of this rough se, many people got sick.

The atmosphere was unbeatable.

Was really fun.

Coming back to Fremantle I could watch once more shortly the world championships in sailing.

Funnily, the weather was not that bad here, though later we had heavy thunderstorms in Perth.
So, this is it from Perth! I apologise a lot for all these typing mistakes in this text, which are due to the fact that I had to write at two o’clock in the morning(after a pretty hard day) in a Jetstar plane between Perth and Cairns, being hardly able to move more than my fingers between snoring and coughing and screaming(babiy in front of me) people and experiencing strong turbulences which make it really difficult to hit the right buttons on the keyboard.
I hope you are all fine and wish you all the best!
Best regards
Flo



No comments:

Post a Comment