Sunday 11 March 2012

Roadtrippin' New Zealand

Hey everyone!
First day out of school(Yesterday) was a bit crazy...due to "top secret" circumstances, I had to go alone to Matamata, and see Hobbiton, a movie set of the "Lord of the Rings". However, this gave me a lot of flexibility, I could do the stuff I wanted to do. So, I went to the car rental company and as there is always problems with such, today wasn't different. I booked the smallest offer and unfortunately these were not avaiable anymore...so I had to be satisfied with a luxury stationwagon...hehe. Anyway, I decided to drive to Piha Beach and visit a friend at the Surf Shop first, a place you really should check out once you are there in Piha. Following this, I went on, heading for Matamata/Hobbiton. As a result of having been able of catching an early tour, I could go on and drive through narrow winding roads with tempo limit beyond the beyonds...was freakin' fun. I saw a living Kiwi in a Kiwi observatory station that also featured other common "New Zelandish" animals, enjoyed a cup of coffee in the middle of nowhere and had dinner in Hamilton before heading back to Auckland. Have a glance at this marvellous day!














Still looking for this ring I once lost here...someone must have taken it away.


With dvd player and rear camera...etc =D


Should be a Kiwi...(black Kiwi-looking dot) They are nocturnal.




New Zealand features the highest density of volcanoes per square kilometres in the whole world!



Hamilton


Hope you appreciated this!
Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment